Live United Through Leadership Support
Leadership donors invest in United Way of Greater Lorain County at a level of $1,000 or more in a calendar year.
These are individuals who have used United Way services, provided United Way services; these are volunteers, advocates and shoulders to lean on. Leadership donors want to make an immediate, deep impact on the community.
Leadership donors can designate their contributions to a favorite non-profit or United Way of Greater Lorain County initiative dear to them.
Leadership donors enjoy benefits, including:
- Advancing the common good in Lorain County by providing opportunities for those without, basic needs for struggling neighbors and independence for those living with fear
- Networking and new business and personal relationships throughout Greater Lorain County
- Special event invitations help throughout the year specifically for leadership level philanthropists committed to the United Way of Greater Lorain County mission
- Increased communication per donor specification on Lorain County initiatives and volunteer opportunities
- Recognition in the Annual Report and other communication channels
BECOME A LEADERSHIP DONOR
You, too, can be a leadership donor! Various options exist to make it convenient to support United Way of Greater Lorain County to advocate for a favorite charity in or out of Lorain County.
- Payroll Deduction
By spreading your donation over the entire calendar year, a leadership gift of $1,000 is less than $20 per week! Check with your Payroll Department or Human Resources contact to see if your organization can deduct your annual gift through the convenience of payroll deduction.
- Direct Contribution
Donors can make a direct gift to United Way of Greater Lorain County in a variety of ways:
- Make a check payable to United Way of Greater Lorain County
- Pay via credit card through Visa, MasterCard or American Express
- Request to be 'billed' quarterly, semi-annually or annually for your gift
- Gifts of Stock or Shares
Donating stock or mutual fund shares qualify for a higher tax deduction than selling the stock and donating the cash.
- Planned Gifts
Meet your financial planning needs through philanthropic planning. Consider building United Way of Greater Lorain County into your portfolio to advance those in Lorain County and your needs as well.
Contributions can be combined with a spouse/partner to qualify as a leadership level gift.
Tocqueville Society; Investments of $10,000 or more
The Tocqueville Society is a United Way Worldwide leadership giving and recognition program founded in 1984, and started locally in 1989 under the leadership of Ann and David Brennan. It exists to foster, promote and recognize the vital importance of voluntary community service and personal giving at an exceptional level. Membership includes individuals annually donating $10,000 or more.
The society is named for the 18th century French explorer, Alexis de Tocqueville, who wrote of the generosity of the American spirit in his work 'Democracy in America'.
President's Circle; Investments of $5,000 - $9,999
Ambassador's Circle; Investments of $3,000 - $4,999
Believer's Circle; Investments of $2,000 - $2,999
Leader's Circle; Investments of $1,000 - $1,999
Community Builder's; Investment of $500 - $999